Often when I fast I notice that the day(s) following it are spiritually heightened. I'm more sensitive to God's voice and His leading. This morning's time of prayer was that way. It was a sweet time with my Lord. As I prepared to begin my work day in the office I was drawn to a sermon that Charlene Allen (Evangelist & founder of WISDOM Ministries) delivered to us last March.
It was a message about how the fool and the wise both handle vision. It was based on Matthew 25:8 which says:
And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' NKJV
Charlene shared a unique perspective that Matthew 25 is also about people who seem to start out sharing what seems to be a common vision which in this case is to attend a wedding party with THE Bridegroom. They start out together but they don't always end together. One was a fool and the other was a jewel (wisdom).
Vision is a reflection based on WAS and SAW. What follows is a summarized version of her message.
WAS stands for Weary, Active and Sleep. The fool WAS because the foolish was in the vision, but after a time dropped out.
SAW stands for Strategy, Awakened, and Watch. The jewel was wise because they SAW the vision and its reward.
15 Characteristics of a Fool and a Jewel
Foolishness True wisdom
1. Weary 1. Strategy
2. Stays active 2. Works, but knows when to rest
3. Sleep 3. Awake
4. Anointing and fire of man 4. Anointing and fire of the Lord
5. Wasteful 5. Watchful
6. False profession 6. True confession
7. Formalism/Hypocrisy/Ceremonialism/Religion 7. Worship/the Word/Relationship
8. Tasteless fruit 8. Spiritual fruit
9. Deceived/False/Double Tongued 9. Truth
10. Thrives on others (draining or bat spirit) 10. Driven by vision, passion, and purpose
11. No planning or provision 11. Strategy which releases provision
12. Roadblocks and excuses hinders movement 12. Delays are not confused with denial
13. Not prepared or ready 13. Prepared and ready
14. Self-indulgence/outward righteousness 14. Self-examination/righteousness of God
15. Assumes command 15. Knows authority and gives direction
So here's the question, when you reflect upon your life, what do you see?
The key to keeping your lamp lit is by keeping your vessel full of the anointing and that only comes by spending regular, daily time in His presence. It's the only way to keep the true fire of God burning in your heart so you can SEE the VISION, the assignment Christ has assigned you. No vision is fulfilled alone, it is always tied to a bigger vision. The only way to see if if your lamp is lit. The Lord provides the spark to light the lamp but it is up to us to keep our vessels filled and this can only come if we allow ourselves to be.... a House of Prayer. Click the image below for the Youtube version of Make Me a House of Prayer by Eddie Long.